“Learn to avoid the costly mistakes and errors in handling termination of employment”
Terminating an employee can be a difficult task as the employment laws in Malaysia are generally protective of the employee’s security of tenure.
As a result, the right of the employer to terminate the services of employees is limited. In Section 13(3) of the Industrial Relations Act 1967 (IRA, 1967), termination and dismissal are the prerogatives of an employer. However, many employers seem to be totally unaware that they do not have the absolute right to terminate the services of an employee.
The industrial relation statistics over the preceding five years indicates that majority of termination cases that had been referred to court were unjustified or unfair terminations. The employers could not properly defend most of the cases. Total compensation amount involved was more than RM 25 million. The mistakes and errors not only cost the organizations money, but also embarrassment. As a result this course has been designed to equip you with the right way to handle termination of employment without violating the employment law.
HRD Corp. Claimable Courses & Trainings
What is this workshop about?
This workshop is designed to show you the right way to handle termination of employment to avoid costly errors and time. You will be exposed to differentiate termination and dismissals, in order for you to justify whether your decision will caused unfair termination or not. And you will learn the techniques to terminate employees with minimum risk.
You will learn the 4 essentials skills to keep you from employee termination disputes. You will learn how to:
1. Demonstrate good employment relationship practices in your work place
2. Differentiate between termination and dismissals
3. Identify and use various types of termination of an employment contract
4. Avoid unfair terminations and will be able to know how to terminate employees with minimum risk
Meet the Trainer
Ms Shalani started as a legal practitioner in 1997 and was practicing law until she joined MEF as a consultant. She has been in charge of the MEF Northern Region Office until July 2017 and has more than 10 years’ experience in the Employment and Industrial Sector. She has been training numerous companies and her trainings are known to be highly interactive with participant centred activities such as hands on practices, discussion, case studies, role play and quizzes.
Her trainings includes participants from all Sectors of the Industry including Company proprietors, CEOs, Directors, Managers, Personnel from Human Resource Department and the whole range of employees including general Public. She has also done training on behalf of HRDF whilst in MEF employment.
Scope of Responsibilities:
Give advice, guidance on labour laws and IR matters
Assist in collective bargaining, conciliation proceedings and domestic inquiries.
Prepare and attend cases on behalf of companies at Industrial Court and Labour Court
Assist in training, covering topics relating to labour laws and industrial relations.
- LLB Hons (University of London) CLP
- Certified Trainer in Management Training Program issued by Japanese Business Federation (NICC) and
- Japanese Industrial Training Association (JITA)
- Certified Trainer By Pembangunan Sumber Manusia Berhad (PSMB)
- The Trainer’s Training Course on MTP
- Certified Trainer By MEF Academy
- Senior Consultant of MEF (10 Years Experience)
SOME COMPANIES TRAINED (Partial List):
- Robert Bosch (M) Sdn Bhd Perbadanan Bekalan Air Pulau Pinang Sdn. Bhd.
- Osram Opto Semiconductors (Malaysia) Sdn Bhd Muda Paper Mills Sdn Bhd
- MS Elevators Sdn. Bhd Marigold Industrial (Malaysia) Sdn. Bhd
- Kulim Technology Management Sdn. Bhd. Agilent Technologies Microwave Products (M) SdnBhd.
- The City Bayview Hotel Penang Hoya Electronics Malaysia Sdn Bhd
- Robert Bosch Power Tools Sdn. Bhd PLB Engineering Berhad
- Philips Lumileds Company Sdn Bhd Multitest Electronic Systems (Penang) Sdn.Bhd.
- Island Hospital, Penang B. Braun Medical Industries Sdn Bhd
- Rapid Penang Sdn Bhd Intel Technology Sdn Bhd
- Bromma (M) Sdn Bhd St Jude Medical Operations (M) Sdn. Bhd.
For further information, please call us or Fill up the form below:-
Dr. Arivalan : 0124956810